Dear St. James’ Families,
The sun is out and what a welcome sight it is! The children and staff miss those days when they can get outside and run around, so we are very grateful when it does.
Thank you to all of you who came to the Town Hall this week. I am so appreciative of the suggestions and comments. They only serve to continue to keep and make St. James Preschool the best that it can be. Here are some takeaways from the meeting;
1. We will be starting school earlier in August. Parent Orientation will be the 23rd, Get Acquainted Parties will be the 24th and 25th of August. Children start on the 28th.
2. We will have a Parent/Student chapel once each month. I will have the first one on February 27th at 9:20. Parents will also be able to attend on the day of the week of their child’s birthday if they choose.
3. Teachers will be sending links to their websites each week.
4. If there are videos shown in the classroom the teachers will indicate the titles of those videos in their weekly newsletter and ensure they are educational.
5. Summer camp information will be out next week sometime.
6. We will be offering an After-school program but when to start and hours are to be determined.
We talked about why the specials are what they are, why we don’t have a 3 day 3 class until 1, and questioned the possibility of a second language being taught.
We will have another Town Hall meeting in April for parents to once again express concerns, make suggestions, or give accolades for jobs well done.
For those considering Kindergarten for their children next year, whether at St. James or elsewhere, please consider attending the Kindergarten preview this Wednesday at 9:30 am in Room 306 before you make a decision. We have a lot to offer at a fraction of the cost for the same end product. Information is power and you will be well informed after you attend.
Thank you again for those of you who have responded to the survey. St. James Preschool appreciates your time. A gentle reminder- the teachers also appreciate it if they are told if they are doing something right and things that the parents love. It helps them create their lesson plans and objectives for the following year.
As always my door is open. Please come in, call, or email me with your concerns or suggestions. I am here with joy for you, the children, and the staff.