Dear St. James Families,
What a wonderful fall weekend we had with the mild temperatures and plentiful sunshine. I certainly hope that you all were able to get outside and enjoy these past couple of days.
- This week Family is first and center. Today, Monday, and Tuesday we will have our Family Nights at school wherein you are given a wonderful opportunity to shadow your children at school by seeing and hearing about some of the things they have been working on. In addition, you will be able to meet Ms. Handwriting, (Radhika Behl), and Ms. Music(Ms. Jennifer) on Monday and Ms. Library(Sallie Duncan) and June Abott (our upstairs Music teacher)on Tuesday who teaches Music to the 2 and under children. They will walk you through what a typical lesson is in their classrooms. Please take advantage of the opportunity to meet and visit with these Specials teachers as most of you do not see them regularly.Siblings are invited.
- Also, you will be able to experience the Book Fair in Room 109 and 113 to look at and buy books for your children or the classroom, as well as meet Chef Roger who will be providing an opportunity to purchase prepared family meals beginning November. See more about him at chefrogerskitchen.com.
- Halloween parties are on October 30th and October 31st. Please ensure that your child comes to school in a costume that enables your child to use the restroom with ease and candy that you all send in for treats for the parties is peanut free.
- Attention all parents of 3 year olds and young 3’s. Per the handbook we expect three year olds to be potty trained to come to school and young threes to be actively working on it. We certainly hope that by January our 3 year olds have moved to that skill. Our teachers have strategies on hand to help your child achieve this ability if you need help or you are welcome to reach out to me.
- We have had a few nannies come pick up your children without car seats. Please be advised that no child will be put into a car without a carseat.
- The Sandy Springs fire department will be visiting on Friday and all of the children will be able to hear all about the truck and what each tool is used for in addition to meeting the firemen.
- Tuition notices went out via Brightwheel. They are due November 1st.
Thank you for all that you do to help St. James Preschool be the best that it can be.
With joy and perspective,